- **This page is under construction. Check back frequently for updates and added resources and content.**
Undergraduate and Graduate Appointment Processing
To hire students to work in departments complete the appropriate form below and submit to the department office manager.
- Graduate/Research Assistantship Appointment Form
- Undergraduate/Graduate Hourly Job Form
Payroll and Benefits
All employees at the University of Illinois System are paid either on a bi-weekly or monthly basis. The U of I System pays bi-weekly employees every other Wednesday approximately 10 days after the pay period end date. The system pays monthly paid employees on the sixteenth of the month. If the sixteenth of the month falls on a weekend or holiday then the pay date is the last work day prior.
Web-based earnings statements are available three days prior to payday on Earning Statements page. To access your online earnings information, you will need your Bluestem/Campus Network ID. If you have not already set up your ID, information on how to do so is available at: Technology Services
My UI Info enables University employees to securely view and update their personal and employment information.
Electronic Time Entry (Time Reporting/Approval)
Web time entry is a web based application that allows hourly and staff employees to enter and submit their timesheets, and supervisors to approve timesheets electronically. To access the electronic time entry system go to: https://apps.uillinois.edu/ under time reporting. Please see the job aid below on how to submit and approve timesheets.
Undergraduate and Graduate Onboarding Information
- New Student Resources
- Tuition and Fees Information
- Undergraduate Student Resources
- Graduate Student Resources
Academic Hourly positions offer opportunities to work in administrative, clinical, research, or teaching positions on a temporary or intermittent basis. Academic Hourly employees require a bachelor’s degree or higher. They are appointed on a temporary or intermittent basis and are paid bi-weekly for only the hours actually worked. If more than 40 hours are worked in any given calendar week, the employee is due overtime pay. Academic Hourly employees should not be a registered grad or undergrad at the University of Illinois. Please note that once you have defined the job, drafted the job description, and identified the candidate to be hired if you have one; you will need to complete the form below to have the HR office submit this request via HireTouch.
Faculty and Staff Information
- ATLAS - vacation and sick leave tracker
- Benefits - Benefits, Compensation and Leave information
Contact Karen McNeely for faculty search assistance.
- Pre-Search Process
- Overview of Search Procedures
- Evaluation Criteria and Interview Questions
- Campus Salary Minimums
Contact Laura Czys or Mariah Redmon for specialized faculty search assistance.
Staff (Academic Professional and Civil Service)
- Pre-search Process
- Overview of Search Procedures - Civil Service
- Staff Job Description Template
- Overview of Search Procedures - Academic Professional
Contact Laura Czys or Mariah Redmon for staff search assistance.
Service in Excess (SIE) of 100%
Service in Excess of 100% payments are paid for overload teaching (overload is defined as teaching duties performed over and above the employee’s normal required teaching load) or for other special projects or assignments normally outside an employee’s routine responsibilities after the service is performed. ALL NECESSARY APPROVALS MUST BE OBTAINED PRIOR TO SERVICES BEING PERFORMED. Below are the SIE policy and guidelines to follow as well as the SIE forms to be used.
Summer Salary Request-Faculty
- Salary Request Form - needs to be completed by April 15, 2021. If your salary request is something other than 1/9th of your salary, please provide that amount in your answer to question #6. Requests are subject to Executive Officer approval and may need to be resubmitted after review. To ensure timely processing please obtain approval from your Executive Officer prior to submitting this form.
- Executive Officer example: "Summer salary, 1/9, for directorship/headship of XXXX (unit)"
- Faculty examples:
"Teaching LAS 123 CRN 12345 summer session 2 online"
"Online course development for LAS 100"
"Research on project ABC123"
Visiting Scholar Resources
Forms, FAQS and Resources
Do you require HR assistance? Please submit a Support Ticket.
HR Office contact information.
- FAQs: coming soon
- Atlas Vacation and Sick Leave portal
- Illinois Human Resources
- Campus HR Forms
- Systems HR - Benefits, Compensation and Leave information
- UI New Hire
- Employment Verification System (EVS)
- CITES - Password Manager
Please send an email to the SLCL Human Resources Office with any questions? Email us.