The Intensive Language Instruction Program (ILIP)—formerly known as the Intensive Foreign Language Instruction Program, or IFLIP—will be back Summer 2024.
ILIP is a unique educational experience designed to accelerate language learning through an immersive classroom atmosphere that is fun and welcoming. ILIP classes combine language and culture through engaging high-quality activities facilitated by our skilled instructors.
Students will receive 30-hours of enjoyable language instruction, which maximizes exposure to the target language to help them meet their own personal learning goals.
- Open to members of the university community and to the general public
- Classes meet Monday through Friday, except holidays
- Courses focus on conversational skills, travel preparation, and language survival skills
- There is minimal homework, no attendance policy, and no academic credit
- Participants will receive a confirmation email once registration is complete and payment has been received
- Classroom and instructor information will be sent shortly before classes begin
If you are interested in participating, please fill out this form.
Arabic: Beginner (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Chinese: Beginner (1:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
Chinese: Intermediate (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
French: Beginner (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
German: Beginner (9:00 am –12:00 pm)
Italian: Beginner (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Korean: Beginner (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Latin: Beginner (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Modern Greek: Beginner (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Polish: Beginner (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Spanish: Beginner (9:00 am –12:00 pm)
Spanish: Intermediate (1:00 pm – 4:00 pm)
Spanish: Advanced (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Swahili: Beginner (5:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
Ukrainian: Beginner (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Wolof: Beginner (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Levels of instruction
- Beginner: For participants with very little or no prior experience with the language; you will learn how to handle basic communicative tasks such as introducing yourself, asking and answering simple questions, etc.
- Intermediate: For participants who have some knowledge of the language, are able to express some basic information (greetings, introductions, likes and dislikes, work, daily routine, etc.), and would like to increase their ability to converse informally in the language
- Advanced: For participants who are able to communicate with ease about familiar topics related to their daily life, and who would like to improve their fluency and confidence to handle both informal and formal exchanges on a variety of topics
May 13-24, 2024
- K-12 teachers: $150
- UIUC students & spouses: $150
- UIUC faculty, staff & retirees: $175
- General public: $200
Note: Payment must be made at time of registration.
Registration fee will be refunded in full if course is cancelled. A $25 late cancellation fee will be deducted if cancelled after May 6th. There will be no refund if cancellation takes place after May 13th.
For more information, contact email@example.com.