The School of Literatures, Cultures & Linguistics is celebrating the Class of 2023 with a convocation ceremony on Saturday, May 13.
The school hosts the annual ceremony for students earning degrees in the following units:
- Comparative and World Literature
- East Asian Languages and Cultures
- French and Italian
- Germanic Languages and Literatures
- Linguistics (CS + Linguistics, Teaching English as a Second Language)
- Slavic Languages and Literatures
- Spanish and Portuguese
- Translation and Interpretation
The ceremony will take place at Foellinger Auditorium from 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
This year's convocation speaker will be Pamela Cappas-Toro, founder of the Community Education Project, a non-profit committed to offering quality liberal arts education and learning opportunities in Florida prisons. Cappas-Tori earned her PhD from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and is currently a professor at the University of Utah.
To watch a livestream of the event, click here.
Dania De La Hoya Rojas