Barbara Barackman DeBolt graduated from the U of I in 1964 with a BA in French. She resided in the Alpha Gamma Delta sorority house all four years.
Attention Alumni: We Want to Hear Your StoriesWe want to hear from you: what do you do (job title, duties), where do you work, and how has your UofI education prepared you for your success? Please send us your story, 200 words maximum, to Rick Partin. You may include a photo of yourself in electronic format. We will publish select ones on the SLCL website.
- Asura Louise Osborne, who graduated in May 2018 with a minor in Italian, is a recipient of the Dante Society of America Prize for an undergraduate essay.
- Just a few months after earning her bachelor’s degree at UIUC, Emily Doehring hopped on a plane and moved to South Korea.
- Jessica Romero, a 2018 graduate in Spanish and Portuguese, has been offered a highly prestigious Fulbright grant for 2018-19, awarding her the opportunity to pursue international research, educational, and teaching experiences.
- Aiyu (Iris) Zhang graduated in 2013 with a BA in East Asian Languages and Cultures, concentrating on the teaching of K- through12th-grade Mandarin Chinese.
- Since graduating with a B.A. in French in 1991 (and being on the Bronze Tablet - Joy Nevin), Joy Axelson has earned a Masters degree in French, an Illinois French teaching certificate, a French D.A.L.F.